Friday 2 January 2015

Carlita goes to ROME

From the 29th of December until the 2nd of January  I’ll be in Rome and I thought I’d take you with me! So here is my Follow Me Around, I hope you like it.

xx





29.12 1 p.m. - Highway D1

Currently en route to the airport in Prague. I've to be there at 2:30 p.m.  and I'm, as always, late.. But without my coffee I can't leave! :D 

3 p.m. - Prague Airport

After running and waiting super long in the queue I'm finally at the lounge. First things first, I've to buy me a coffee and instagram my flight ticket. #typicallyme

4:30 p.m. - Prague Airport

BOARDING TIME !!

6:20 p.m. - Rome, Italy

                                       

L a n d e d !

8 p.m. - Ginger, Rome


Do I have to say more? Roma mi amore ♥️


T h e  N e x t  D a y

30.12.2014

We got up early and went straight into the city. Amazing! It is so  beautiful to see Rome this calm and peaceful before thousand of tourist rush trough its little streets and across Piazza del Popolo. 



Speaking about Piazza del Popolo. It was our first stop, after that we got straight to the Piazza di Spagna and then took the Metro A until Cipro - Vatican. Even though the state of Vatican has only 44 hectar it is full of history, architecture and beauty. Piazza San Pietro was quite peacefull at this morning hour - it was about 8:30 I think. The church was one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen.



After the visit we decided to have breakfast and then I went shopping at Piazza di Spagna and down these little cute streets like Via Borgognona because I NEEDED to go to &otherstories! I love this store so much ! 

We spend some nice time in Rome and then we took a cab to our hotel. 

T h e  D a y  a f t e r

31.12.2014

We spend the last day of 2014 discovering the antic part of Rome - Centro Storico. It was extremely cold because of the icy wind but after I went upstairs at the underground station Colloseo and the first thing I saw was the huge and majestic colosseum in front of me, I forgot about the weather ( and made cca. 40 selfies in front of it ).  We took a stroll around the Colosseum, Cavour and the Forum Romanum. There we got our ticket and visited the ruins and monuments. 



After a nice lunch, we strolled to a beautiful church and later visited the colosseum from the inside. I enjoyed it so much. 




From 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. we relaxed at the hotel, then got ready and were out & about to Circo Massimo. Because we couldn't get a cab we decided to take the metro.. Huge mistake on NewYear's Eve. The stations Circo Massimo and Colloseum were closed caused by the millions of people in Rome. So we got out at Cavour, looked for a place where we can spend the next hours until midnight and make the last evening of this year a nice one. After searching and letting me speak with the hot security guy, we got a table at this hipstery looking bar in front of the colosseum. 

What would be New Year's Eve without champagne? I've to admit, we were quite funny after the whole bottle.   




H A P P Y  N E W  Y E A R

1.1.2015

The firework was amazing! As we know, Italians do it better! A M A Z I N G ! However the highlight of this night or morning, was the call from my boyfriend saying he's going to love me even more in the new year... ( Aww ! ) and the NewYear's letter by my best friend!
Looking back, 2014 was the best year ever since! 



At 4 a.m. we got finally home, because we can't just leave after the firework. At 7 a.m. I had to get up..I've to admit that it was an interesting morning.. 

Around 10 a.m. we took the hotel shuttle to Cipro and waited for the pope to appear. I'm so thankful for this moment in my life, that I was right there hearing him speak and wishing us a happy new year full of peace. I'm never going to forget this!

Later we decided to spent the last day here with the romantic part of Rome which means Pantheon, Castel Sant'Angello, Piazza Navonna and Fontana di Trevi. 



V E R Y  L A S T  M I N U T E S  H E R E 

2.1.2015

5 a.m. - Arriving at the Airport

It was hard.. But the view was amazing ! We had a last true italian cappuccino before we left Rome.

Ciao Roma! Alla prossima volta!


xx



2 comments: