Saturday 3 January 2015

On the go Feeling

Is there anyone else who thinks about life and their current situation when they are on a train or is it just me ? 


       
     
I'm on my way to Vienna right now, watching people getting off my train. I've to admit that every time I'm travelling by train I get these deep thoughts about life and my past days.. 30 minutes ago I was thinking about the beauty of Rome, my current relationship and how much I love him ( going to see my bae tomorrow ! ) and that feeling I get when I'm just 'at home'. I can't stand that. I've realised that travelling is more than important for me. Don't matter if by train, bus, plane, car,.. I just have to be on the go. I love the feeling of going somewhere, seeing a place - either a new one or a beloved one -, meeting friends and of course go shopping. I feel nervous and bored if I don't have to go somewhere. People, my boyfriend for example, loves being just home and I hate it. I told him my plans for the winter holidays, Brno, Znojmo, Prague, Rome, Vienna,.. Everyday was planed and for nearly every day there was a destination. He said it seems stressful but for me THIS are true holidays. 

I may be complete crazy or obsessed but that's ok ! 

In the Czech Republic we have a saying that says that it's good to be away but being at home is the best. I've never had that feeling. It's the complete opposite for me. Traveling, meeting new people, learning new languages, discovering new cities. I feel more 'home' in a foreign city than at 'home'. 

I've that cosmopolitan feeling that no mater where I am I feel like I'm belonging there and I'm living in that city for at least 10 years. Even though I don't know the way I feel like I do, I feel like I walked these streets a hundred times, but in fact it's the first time I've ever stept on this pavement. 

Weird huh? Am I the only one? 

xx





                           

No comments:

Post a Comment